It's that time of year when we all go a little nutty with home projects, spring cleaning and awaiting longer days and relaxed lifestyle that spring and summer represent.
1. Add bright pops of color in a few places
think throw pillows or a cotton herringbone throws
2. Think light and bright - when it comes to linens... this is literally why bleach exists. Invest in ticking stripe fabric slipcovers or cotton duck fabric slipcovers for your sofa and chairs even a few of our ticking pillows (Navy Blue Ticking Stripe Throw Pillow) and fabric by the yard (Gray Ticking Stripe Fabric | Navy Blue Ticking Stripe Fabric) can do wonders in reviving a favorite upholstered piece!
3. Add texture with knit cotton or linen fabrics - swap richer fabrics for a few linen pillows available at any price point.
4. Simplify Floors add a jute or flat woven rug in favor of a heavy wool rug.
5. Let the light in - considering a mini repainting project? Go light and bright on your walls and trim and just add color with accessories and art. Not every room needs a different color or color scheme. Try some tried and true whole house wall colors such as Benjamin Moore Paints Swiss Coffee or Sherwin Williams Alabaster will become a wonderful reflective backdrop for all your treasures.